Friday 28 March 2014

The Matisse Puzzle - COUNTDOWN TO SAMPLING: 9 DAYS

The Matisse Puzzle, no mystery now – is the book I have finished not long ago. It will be out on the market in April. I haven’t set the date yet, since more needs to be done in terms of editing, formatting for eBook, and advertising as well. Everything’s good at this stage. The excitement of debut runs high, but that’s normal – I know. I’m treating it with deep breaths and patience.
While waiting for the last loose ends to be tied up, I will organize a sampling session. I have some buddies helping me on this – just like my fictional buddies in the novel. Fiction and fact get mashed up together, which makes life really interesting. The first chapter will be up on this blog on Sunday, April 6. I will be very much interested in receiving feedback, so please come by, read, and leave a comment. I hope you all agree with me on how important it is for a debut novel to be discussed before it grows its proper wings. So please, do leave your comments here as soon as the sample is up. There will be plenty of reminders beforehand, on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr, and possibly Goodreads as well.
Here’s the first flyer I’ve created and distributed through social media.

I'm keeping this in my Pinterest board, Thrillers,
where all future flyers will be stored as well,
along with my favourite books and other relevant pins.
I hope the quote will whet your appetite. If it does, I’m happy to give away some copies of my novel, at a date that will have to be established. There will be more of these little snippets to come, as I’m pretty seriously engaged in the process of making myself and my book known to my dear virtual public.
I am also interested in hearing from people who have ideas for original promotion strategies. Until then: good time to all of those who read and happy writing to all of those who write.

No comments:

Post a Comment